The recipe is extremely easy to make, and has phenomenal benefits for your health because cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and super packed with nutrients. All you need is 4 (3 if you omit cilantro) ingredients, a pot and a hand blender. It’s common for me to eat this recipe 3 to 5 times per week and I never get tired of it. The best part is, it tastes just like mashed potatoes. This is great news if you’re going low carb, or have problems with nightshades!
- 1lb frozen organic cauliflower (I use the whole foods brand)
- 4 to 8 Tbl of Grass Fed butter (Kerrygold)
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- Place cauliflower in a large sauce pot with 1/4 cup of water, over medium heat and cover.
- After about 5 minutes remove lid and stir.
- Continue stirring about every minute or so until all the water has evaporated from the mixture.
- Add in the butter salt and cilantro.
- Blend with a hand blender, or transfer to a blender and enjoy.
- ***Optional transfer to oven safe dish and bake at 350 until there is a brown crust. I use this to impress dinner guests***
A great way to turn this easy side dish into a full meal is to poach a few eggs, and toss them on top. Runny egg yolks are a great source of choline and so is the cauliflower. These are nutrients that are especially important to brain health, and need to be in abundant supply during pregnancy for the baby’s brain to develop correctly.
Shout out to the Bulletproofexec about adding in the butter after the cooking is done. This helps greatly reduce the amount of oxidation that happens to the fat in the cooking process.